06 Februar 2016

Wanderlust


Travelling has been my passion for as along as I’m on this beautiful planet we call earth. I consider myself privileged as my parents took me on my first vacation when I couldn’t even walk properly.
Growing up, while all the other kids went on vacation in summer, we had to help our parents, both farmers, on the fields. They told us that each of us has to earn the money for our up coming vacation. We didn’t really mind because the destination never failed to impress. I loved the fact that we fled the cold for a few weeks each winter, when the earth was frozen and no vegetable would grow. We mostly were drawn to exotic places such as the Dominican Republic, Indonesia, Thailand and such.
Now that I’m grown up – at least you could think so from the look at my birth date – I would go on a big vacation (one month) once a year and keep myself busy with short trips to closer places (aka Europe) in between.  I’m not rich nor am I sponsored. I’m saving my earnings and I’m mostly travelling on a budget. I love to stay with airbnb or in hostels.
When I’m travelling I try to get to know as much as possible about the country I’m staying in. I love trying new food, talking to locals and just getting into the lifestyle in general. It’s fascinating how different people all over the world seem but in the end we are all the same. It’s not the country we are from that says who and how we are, it’s each person for themselves, deciding every day who and how we want to be.
 

I already planned out 2016 (Lisbon, Copenhagen & New York) and most of 2017 (Brazil and Capetown)but if you wanna tell me your favorite places to vacation, please go for it. I'd love to hear about them.
 
I'm ready for all the adventures waiting out there and if you want to join me feel free to add me on Instagram and stay tuned for the next travel related blog post.
 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! You are amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...